D E S C R I P T I O N
Curtis PMC Model 1268 SepEx® controllers are programmable and microprocessor based, with an advanced MOSFET power section for smooth and seamless control of separately excited motors
A P P L I C AT I O N
Curtis PMC 1268 SepEx® controllers are designed for use in heavy-duty golf/utility vehicles
F E A T U R E S
• Power MOSFET technology provides smooth, silent, efficient, and cost-effective operation.
• Adjustable parameters enable custom optimization of speed, torque, and braking control.
• Half bridge armature and full bridge field provides regenerative braking down to zero speed.
• Sealed package rated at IP64 and IP67.
• Overspeed braking (regenerative) limits speed while driving downhill.
• WalkAway™ braking feature limits any stopped or key-off rolling to very low speed.
• System uses Hall effect speed sensor on motor or drive train to control vehicle speed.
• Tow switch enables free rolling for towing of vehicle.
• Anti-rollback function provides improved control when throttle is released on hills.
• Anti-stall function helps prevent motor commutator damage.
• Controller drives warning buzzer -- steady in reverse; intermittent during WalkAway™ braking.
• Optional electromagnetic brake output.
• Optional brake light output.
• MultiMode™ inputs provide for multiple speed and power modes of operation.
• Timed shutdown of main contactor after pedal is released and vehicle has stopped.
• LED status indicator with external output.
• Fully compatible with 1311, 1314 and 1307 Programmers for parametric adjustment, tuning, test, and diagnostics.
• Extensive fault detection and diagnostic reporting using a Curtis Programmer including (partial list):
– Main contactor weld check and driver check
– Throttle and wiring faults
– Open or shorted motor field winding
– Open motor armature winding
– Missing or failed speed sensor
– Armature drive failure.
• Extensive system monitor capabilities using a Curtis Programmer, including (partial list):
– Battery voltage
– Throttle input
– Direction and throttle switch operation
– Motor field and armature currents
– Controller heatsink temperature
O P T I O N S
• External LED for remote status indicator.
• Warning buzzer for audible indicator of reverse and WalkAway™ modes.
• Brake lamp relay to drive external lights for visual indicator of braking conditions.
• Electromagnetic brake at 24V or 48V (programmable) to lock vehicle at rest.
• WalkAway™ braking feature to slow vehicle during key-off.
• 5K 3-wire, 0-5V, or ITS throttle.
Meets or complies with relevant US and International Regulations
• Manufactured under ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System.
• UL Recognized Component Status.
Curtis PMC Model Voltage (Volts) Armature Rating (Amps) Field Rating (Amps)
2 Minute 2 Minute
1268-54xx 36-48 400 50
1268-55xx 36-48 500 50